[Dailydrool] Separation anxiety and Kelvin

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 11:16:58 PST 2009

Pam,
We have had females in the rescue that did suffer from separation
anxiety far worse than what Kelvin is going through, to answer your
question on females.  The worst was a mini doxie.  OMG I was glad we
found her a great home with a stay at home mom!  Luckily she was so
small the damage she inflicted was minimal compared to our Tesla's
fits.  Tesla has a panic disorder that we are dealing with as well as
Kelvin's separation issues.
This house can be fun some days!!
http://www.krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3168a.JPG
See the holes in the wall and notice that the linoleum has been shredded
completely off the floor?  That's the result of Tesla having a bad day,
she's the big black thing on the floor.  It has taken us almost a year
but we have finally gotten her calm enough to see her fits coming before
they happen.

I've got a few links book marked for anxiety and we've been slowly
incorporating them with Kelvin....  It's going to take a looooong while
before he feels safe though.

Thanks!!  It's nice to know I don't have the only velcro basset out there!
Carmen