[Dailydrool] Drool and advice

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Thu Feb 5 21:27:19 PST 2009

Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE and her slave Leah
could use drool and the slave some advice. Maggie has been having digestive
issues since she recovered from the pancreatitis. If I give her more than 2
c of food a day she gets the trots and sometimes will throw up. As a result
she has not been on a regular feeding regime for more than a week or so at a
time. I now have a food formulated for doges with her issues. She has
started losing weight. On Dec. 30th she weighted 46.7 lbs and on Jan 19th
she weighted 41 lbs. On Tuesday she weighed 39 lbs. The vet set 46 lbs as
her ideal weight and is probably not too much under weight but is losing
weight at a regular clip. She still eats, she still wants her two walkies a
day and her treats but today she seemed to have a lot less energy on our
walk to the coffee place for my Pepsi and her treat. I was concerned that
she wouldn't make it home. She always trots up there and drag coming home.
Today she would trot for short distances and she was really dragging her
butt coming home.  The vet had me increase her food to see if it is a lack
of calorie thing as she is always looking for food and regularly gets into
the trash every chance she has. She goes back on Tuesday  for another weigh
in. She is acting relatively normal except for the weight loss and now the
decrease in energy. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing. I
keep thinking the worse is happening. I will call the vet tomorrow morning
and report in. I'm hoping I am just an over re-acting but afraid I am not.
She has always had a slight increase in one of her liver test.

Leah  the worried momslave and rather skinny  Maggie the Evil Empress of the
San Juan Islands OEBE