[Dailydrool] Hoarse throat

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 10:20:55 PST 2009

Our dog Ruby was fine until last night and then she woke up and started to make a few ungodly sounding yelps.  I thought she broke a toenail on the rug or something but I find today that she can barely bark.  She is eating and chewing bones.  She is reluctant to drink much but otherwise seems normal in every way.  Has anyone ever had this experience with a dog getting a sore throat or larangitis type ailment?   Can anyone suggest what might help this situation?  I have the vet already set up for a physical on Monday morning.  Since she seems ok at this point,  I will wait and not rush her to emergency.
Renee