[Dailydrool] I am sorry I asked my friends to join save Brindi group and a basset for adoption in Nova Scotia

Carolyn Mitchell carolynmitchell at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 9 09:04:03 PST 2009

Hey guys,

Allot of you helped me in my support of a local cause where a dog named Brindi was unfairly picked up by animal control.
The owner went to court and had the euthanization order squashed. Brindi is still not home
Why I am writing is because after careful consideration and everything I learned I am no longer in favor of this dog going back to her former owner. Not only did the owner state that after the dog is retrained she will let it off leash when the dog was and is under a muzzle order but she compared the SPCA to Germans death camp.
Now she later apologized but I felt it was really wrong. The SPCA are only housing the dog, they are not in control of what happens to it.
So it gets better I tell the owner I am scared for her health and she should not go on a hunger strike. I am banned immediately and the hate mail to me starts.
Rather silly but it did I am a big girl and hit delete

So it gets better. The RCMP have had calls the SPCA and its officers have had death threats by Brindi's owners and her many angels. This is what is
posted on the SPCA website
"News and Announcements

February 8, 2009: Please be advised that the Metro Shelter is not closed but has put security measures in place based on threats made to management. The Shelter Management Team has brought in security measures that will keep its staff, volunteers, and potential adopters safe. We still need support from the community in the form of people coming to the shelter to adopt."

The animals all suffer I am sure it will scare potential adoptive parents away
I joined another group that is for saving the dog and having it rehomed where it does not have to be put down. Hate mail again :0) tis ok  I am a big girl
anyway I just wanted to drop you all a line so that If you are in that group you know the whole story, you can add me on facebook as
Carolyn Clarkson Mitchell

The group I fully support is here ( http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=48634654764 )

Healing drool to all those in need

Carolyn
Mom to Rex aka LiL Foot
LiL Miss Daisy halo

and yes I am still fighting to shut down puppy mills in my local area and will keep you all updated
Oh and to my Nova Scotia basset lovers check this guy out he is at the shelter and gorgous

( http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12949933 )