[Dailydrool] potty training

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:04:27 PST 2009

OK-I was not going to tell you but I guess I gotta.

This is how the Colonel (then The Major) trained our old Winnie ATB - cover dog for BASSETku and DOGku!

She came to us at 5 1/2 months - had been chained up to a doghouse at Ft. Ord, CA - only let in the house at night and the people could not understand why she ran around like a maniac, biting at the kids and peeing in the house.  Well, DUH, we got her out of there as soon as we could.  She had no idea where to potty properly and had lots of accidents.  Finally, one morning, Rick got up, picked her up and took her outside and said 'This is what you do' - he peepeed in the grasss - Winnie took a look and a sniff - she peepeed in the grass and NEVER had an accidennt in the house again!  Someone just had to show her what to do!

A true story - happened 15 years ago.  I could not make this stuff up!
GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me