[Dailydrool] Elvis update

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:57:44 PST 2009

It has been a while since I posted an update on Elvis. As you know he went down in the back just over six months ago- the vet believes due to spondylosis. He is happy as a clam- a lovebug- he is most content when there is someone to snuggle with him. Several times he has managed to half stand on his back legs. A couple of times even did sort of a 'duck walk' for a few steps. When he is excited his tail will wag- not fully, but enough!
As I said it's been just over 6 months and I do tell him that if he plans to 'find' his legs- anytime would be good LOL!
He is no longer x-penned when we leave him - as he has learned that if you push against the pen hard enough, it WILL give way. I worry he will get hurt and take the chance that if he has to poop- that it will not happen on the only rug in the house! So far so good. He is so mobile that his bellybands are forever slipping off- but again, everything is washable. He is such a sweet boy and we love having him here.
Also he keeps us safe from the deer outside- nothing fires him up like seeing them in the backyard through the glass doors! He goes out on the porch and gives them what-for :) Sometimes they will run away...I think they do it just to make him feel like the protector that he thinks he is!
So we are still quite hopeful that he will regain the use of his legs. They are getting some muscle back to them and when he scootches along his legs make a 'pushing' motion. His butt is no longer scrawny looking, and by the weight of him when I haul him around- he's not missing many meals either!
droolies, Angelika , Ms.Brandy and Elvis too!