[Dailydrool] This and that

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:40:52 PST 2009

Kathleen, I loved your story about the church-going basset.  I adopted my
first cat Dugan from a church -- I was working in public accounting at the
time and was auditing the Archdiocese of Washington, and they would send us
out to local parishes to review controls over collection takes, etc.  At
lunch I would sit outside on the porch of the rectory and the pastor saw me
petting Dugan.  He told me he was a stray, and told me that the Sunday
before the parish had consecrated their new church (the old one burned
down).  The Archbishop came to say Mass.  He processed up the aisle very
solemnly followed apparently by Dugan who decided to process up behind him
to the great amusement of the parishoners (don't think the pastor was nearly
as amused...).  Thank you for the laugh and for bringing back a happy
memory.

I'm glad that Elder Clara is doing so much better and am touched at her
showing Debbie her soft side -- see Debbie, she really does love you and
appreciate all that you do for her.

Finally Ellie I'm glad Bowling for Bassets was such a success!  Laura
(Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))