[Dailydrool] weight issues

Teresa Maag MaagT at pg.noacsc.org
Tue Feb 10 07:04:22 PST 2009

Good Morning,

Ok, here's the deal.  Deuce and Rowdy were at the vet last week, and we all
got a good spanking.  Deuce and Rowdy both have gained 6 pounds each.  Deuce
was 72 pounds in August, and now he's 78 and Rowdy was 52 and now he's 58.
Doctor was like WOW!!!!  What's going on??  I was like it's OHIO for God's
sake, and with this weather we are having, I don't like to take the boys out
in it.  He checked their hearts, and when he got to Deuce he said, I can't
find his heart beat, and I was like WHAT?  he goes wait, I had it on a fat
role under his arm...oh my gosh!!!!  So I have been working really hard on
trying to get them under control and honestly Deuce is struggling with this,
in fact he is getting very upset with me, cause I have cut back on the food
and treats. He will sit at his food bowl 2 hours after he has eaten and
bark.  I tell him that he ate 2 hours ago, and he won't be eating again
until the next morning, and at that point, if he could flip me off, I think
he would.  You know, that hurts my feelings, cause I am only trying to keep
him alive and healthy, but I just don't think he sees it that way.  He will
walk away in disgust and go lay on the couch and not look at me.  I guess
love hurts sometimes.  I was buying Canidae weight management food, but it's
so expensive and the bag is smaller, that I went back to the Canidae all
stage.  I guess I will be getting a second job so I can buy them the weight
management bag.  I do hope as soon as the weather warms up, we can get back
on track and walk, cause they truly love their walks, as do I.

Teresa
Rowdy( no more treats in the morning?)
Deuce( Give me more food NOW!!!)
Yukon (atb forever in my heart)