[Dailydrool] Sentinel (Heartworm and flea control)

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:10:19 PST 2009

We use sentinel as a heartworm preventative as well as flea control. And
yes, it is rather expensive. I usually buy 6 mos at a time for around $100
but that only lasts 3 mos when you have two hounds. Eeek.

Cowboy has sensitive skin and needs bi-monthly baths with special shampoo.
We went with sentinel because of the frequency we were bathing (1x/wk in the
beginning) and we were afraid we were washing away the topical
flea treatments. We never see any fleas but in the summer months we use a
topical flea treatment as well as the sentinel since the fleas are more
present then and the boys are outside more often.

Although the stuff is rather pricey, I can honestly say no fleas or
heartworm, so it must be doing something right.

Kacy with Cowboy & Rupert