[Dailydrool] Heartworm

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Feb 11 10:54:23 PST 2009

MomPerson wrote:

<<I will remember how hard it is for dogs to get heartworm when our annual crop of heartworm positive dogs begin to roll in this summer. And I am sure it will be a great comfort to know that it is difficult for them to get heartworm while they are suffering through the treatment.>>

I remember having a conversation with my vet a long time ago. She pointed out that mosquitoes do show up outside the times we expect them to. So I kept an eye out and discovered she was right. Even in cold New Jersey, I have seen them well past summer. I won't take a chance with my hounds. They get their preventative throughout the year.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets