[Dailydrool] bleeding ears from dragging the ground

Amy Mosteller amy08martin at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 21:30:05 PST 2009

Has anyone encountered a problem with their basset's ears bleeding because of dragging the ground on walks? There are abrasions at the end of his ears where they drag (because he has his nose to the ground sniffing!) and they bleed to the point that I have blood on my pants and shoes on the side he walks. I live in the suburbs so his walks are mostly on concrete sidewalks. He is very high energy and requires a lot of exercise. A snood would fix the situation, but does anyone know an alternate solution? Will they toughen up over time or is there an ointment I can put on them that will help? My vet has never heard of this before.

Thanks!
Amy, slave to an energizer bunny basset