[Dailydrool] Boomer's bad eating habits and your suggestions

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Feb 12 02:50:16 PST 2009

Keep in mind.. that taking up food and having a hound go hungry can elevate
food aggressiveness.  Please keep a watchful eye on the hounds as they may
start acting out because of their hunger.

Equate this to when you were a kid.. you complained.. complained...
complained.. and kept after your mom.. hounds don't know how to be civil
like that.. and will if given a chance steal food, or worse start a fight
with their others over perceived treats and food items.

I would say you're on the right course of action (withholding)... but its
that extra attention that you want to make sure no fights break out over
food items..

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Boomer's bad eating habits and your suggestions

Second, Boomer didn't finish his meal in the allotted time this morning, so
I picked up his dish, and he can have it for dinner. I'm pretty sure my mom
did this to me when I was a kid, and eventually I was hungry enough to eat
it, so I'm betting Boomer will be, too.