[Dailydrool] Boomer's bad eating habits and your suggestions

Kate bassetlover99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:45:28 PST 2009

Thank you to all who offered advice on how to make meal time a more pleasant
experience. After determining that there is nothing physically wrong with
Boomer that might cause his behavior, I've resorted to a couple of things.

First, I placed his bowl in a different place in the kitchen, facing away
from Baxter. He still wasn't very interested, but he did begrudgingly begin
to eat. Baxter has been listening very well when told to "leave it" and will
do just that...if I have a piece of cheese to offer him.

Second, Boomer didn't finish his meal in the allotted time this morning, so
I picked up his dish, and he can have it for dinner. I'm pretty sure my mom
did this to me when I was a kid, and eventually I was hungry enough to eat
it, so I'm betting Boomer will be, too.

Thank you again!

Kate and Boomer and Baxter