[Dailydrool] Not Always Food

laumag at mts.net laumag at mts.net
Wed Feb 11 09:41:27 PST 2009

Re: Houndy Odor and allergic reactions

The culprit may or may not be the dog food. Remember it may be a reaction to something in a treat.

Again, I work at a pet supply store, and, in my humble opinion, I would not recommend three quarters of what we stock as "treats". The dog food ingredients are researched and tested and so on. The treats can contain questionable ingredients. Always check the ingredient panel of everything your Basset ingests and be aware of Best Before Dates, Expiry Dates and other mysterious codes found on packaging. If you do not know how to decipher a code that is not of the ordinary Month/Day/Year in the USA and Day/Month/Year in Canada, ask the clerk. We have a book that deciphers coded expiration dates.

Laurie and Zack - both impressed by the 2009 WKC BIS Winner, Stump, the ten year old Sussex Spaniel, who resembles a furry Basset.