[Dailydrool] Happy Valentine's Day!

Charlie Meyer charlie at droolassicpark.com
Sat Feb 14 11:54:04 PST 2009

Piglet OEBE here. The Slave has a girlfriend. He's using words like
'ga-ga' a lot. On the phone for hours....and we houndies have to line
up to get belly and ear rubs. Maybe we should tell him to get one of
those Bluetooth earthingies, so he can use both hands to scratch and
pet us. "Must like Bassets' was an early annunciated 'must have'.  So
now we have to share. She's an elementary school art teacher, with
thirty years' experience with two leggers ages 5-11, so she should
know what to expect with the Slave.  At least we got two humans' worth
of Pizza Bones this morning.

It's been a year since the house fire. We are here inside and warm due
to brave firemen, a kind,skilled Vet, and most of all, the torrent of
soothing, healing drool from sea to shining sea! Last Valentine's Day,
we were all in the Vetspital, fighting for our lives. We mourn and
miss Boo, eeyore, Flash, and BROOD foster blind Summi, all at the
Bridge waiting for us. Alpha Obie's Savannah, myself the 'enforcer',
and Cheeseburger the Bagel are here only because of the Drool.  The
Slave still goes to tears, happy, grateful tears, when he recalls the
past year, and the generosity of so many who helped us heal and go
home.  We dread to even consider where we would be without you!

When the Slave was at work last night, ('Wildlife Management'), he
turned a convenient 'blind eye' to the local firemen getting
gloriously and excessively 'over-served'.  Expect a national shortage
of Jagermeister (Where's the @#$%&! umlaut on a US spec keyboard!). We
told the Slave he'd better not even think of tossing them out of the
pub. Everybody here LOVES firemen!

We're looking forward to the Slave having dinner again with the lovely
Miss Di. Don't forget the doggie bags! As the late great founder of
the OEBE, Noah Go Slowah, ruling from the Bridge, taught all of our
two leggers: "Bassets are NOT 'dogs'!"

Piglet OEBE

On Feb 14, 2009, at 1:23 PM, dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org wrote:

> Dailydrool] basset hounds and The Royals...Elizabeth has those
> Corgis. Anne has Dorgis. Charles has a horse(face), aka: The Duchess
> of Cornwall. What a family; probably not a Basset among them!
> Imagine what we'd have on this side of the pond if our forefathers
> had crowned George Washington (the dollar bill guy oft mistaken for
> Barbara Bush). At least the 'original' George W. was believed to
> have had Bassets!  :-P

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV

Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.