[Dailydrool] Basset book

Judi Dunham houndies2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:54:37 PST 2009

I have just finished reading "Elvis and the Dearly Departed" written by
Peggy Webb. I got it thru a book club. Elvis is a basset and plays a
prominent part in this VERY light read. He has 12 chapters of his own, all
titled as "Opinions" in which he sort of brings this mystery together. He
believes he is the reincarnation of you know who, and his opinions are full
of lines (cliches) from songs we all remember. It apparently is the first in
a series - Southern Cousins Mystery - and the next one is due out this
summer. Setting is in and around Tupelo MS, where else?
Certainly not a book that will be long remembered, but the basset character
is well - depicted. I will probably read the next one, too, just to keep up
with Elvis.
Drool and positive thoughts where ever needed.

Judi
Barney, Tucker,and Clyde atb