[Dailydrool] Ginger's Gotcha Day

Stephanie Cornell cornell53 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:53:56 PST 2009

One year ago today I drove 4 hours south to Lake George, N.Y. Purpose of my trip, to pick up a 9 year old basset named Ginger to adopt from ABC Basset Rescue. As we drove back north, I glanced over and wondered what I had gotten myself into. I hadn't had a dog in 8 years and my last basset was 30 years ago. Ginger calmly looked up at me as if to say, "What took you so long to find me?" We stopped at Petsmart in Plattsburgh for a bath and nail clipping. She went off with the girl and I returned an hour later to pick her up. She trotted out without a leash and stood beside me. The girl said, "She's so cute. How long have you had her?" She couldn't believe it when I told her only 2 hours! That's the way it's been since then. She is my sweet velcro baby, very vocal, and very patient with me (even when I dress her in hats and matching scarves). She is loved by all that she meets on our walks in the neighborhood. I'd like to thank Gary Penny for leading ABCBR, Tom Rodwell for his tireless work as adoption coordinator, Shelly Gordon for her outstanding efforts to raise funds through the Slobber Shoppe (check out all it has to offer), Alice Abrams, Karen Meinzer, Mary Elliott, and so many more who work so hard for this organization. Lastly, I'd like to thank the Martino family for all the love and care Ginger received while she was their foster.

Stephanie Cornell

Ginger (it's all about me today!!)

Gracie May ( I'm a foster and like it here!!)