[Dailydrool] Speedy's adventures (long)

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 21:28:01 PST 2009

Our computer crashed and burned a while back and I even though I could read the DD while at work I missed posting on the DD about Speedy's continued efforts to make OEBEs proud.

About three weeks ago, the grandpawents were blowing steam through the ears and nostrils. The fencing that had been built over the course of a year to prevent Speedy from digging and eating the precious vegetables had been chewed through numerous times. Well, the in-laws had had enough of Speedy and is garden trashing. They came in and said " THAT DOG IS SMARTER THEN A HUMAN! YOU MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT HIM!!!" To keep the peace, we hired a contractor that was going to install steel fencing. In the meantime Speedy need to be placed somewhere while everything was being built. So Speedy was banished to his best bud, Gator the blood hound's, house. His banishment was to last a week. When I dropped Speedy off, he quickly jumped into my friend's car without hesitation and looked at me as if to say "Later Mom!"

My friend kept me posted about Speedy and Gator's adventures throughout the week. They played alligator mouth, ran the basset 500, woke the up the house at 5:30 AM, took over the couches (the two leggers where forced to sit on the floor to watch TV as the hounds were not to be disturbed) His banishment led to him gaining about 5 pounds and a new bed as his old one was destroyed in a tug of war game. In short he had a blast all the while I was missing him terrible.

Well, the steel fencing was installed, we thought this would really prevent the smoke and fire eyes that the grandpawents had, but two days later he proved to be smarert then all of us yet again. We had left one part of the garden without fencing because there was a 7 foot wall to climb, well there happended to be another 3 feet wall and a old, rickety latter that lead to the garden. Speedy figured out that he just needed to jump the 3 feet wall underneath and climb the latter and the garden was all his again. Once more we called the contract and blocked this section off too.  So far its been a week and there has not been any garden trashing.

There are other adventures that have happen but I'll save it for another day as this post is already too long. But I'm happy we are up and running on line again and able to share these things with people that actually understand the humor in all the doings of these lovable hounds.

Drool to all in need

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)