[Dailydrool] bed wetting

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:32:45 PST 2009

4 outta my 5 sleep with me - only one of them has ever had an accident on the bed and it is my 8 year old, Duffy.  Here is the story.
Duffy is my only itchy twitchy allergic dog so he gets half a Benadryl every night so he does not scratch himself to death and make the rest of us want to kill him too!  Now he is my biggest boy and this is 1/4 the dose he could have (1 mg per lb).  1/2 a Benadryl keeps him from itchy nights - a whole Benadryl - only 25 mg - makes him pass out so deeply asleep that he does not even wake up to leave the bed - down the doggy stairs and out the doggy door to potty.  This is the only time we have ever had an accident in the big bed - the Benadryl made him do it.

So I guess the moral of the story is to ask if there are any new meds or situations that might be causing one of your dogs to sleep so soundly the urge to go does not wake him up.

Thanks for all the Drool slung to my husband in Afghanistan.  For the first time he is really unhappy to be there - I am sure it is his loving wife and not all the big sad Basset eyes missing him that he is thinking about!

30 more Bassetku to sell to suport Basset Rescue of Florida and House of Puddles!  Come on Droolers!  Lots of you got them for Valentine's Day - You know you need one for Mother's Day for your Mother or your dog's mother or your dog's mother's......you get the picture!   $10 + $2 shipping and handling paypal to my4hounds at hotmail.com.  $5 from each book sold goes to Basset Rescue!
GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me