[Dailydrool] Why is she so skinny?

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Feb 18 01:56:45 PST 2009

Tessie, my step basset, is a happy, healthy 2-year-old. She is small for her age, but full of vim and vigour.
However, she is skinny. Really skinny. If I didn't know she was loved and spolied I would think she was abused.
She has a hearty appitite eating more than her much bigger (and fatter) brother and is also a very accomplished food thief. The dogs are fed seperately so she is definately getting all her (top quality, dry) food. In fact, the reason the are seperated, is because she would eat her food and his!
Tessie has actually lost over 5lbs in the past year, despite it being a time it would be expected she would grow and weigh more.
She is up to date on all her shots and has been wormed.
I am now worried about her as her weight is becoming just too low. XH is also worried and planning to take her to the vet again this week (he took her a couple of weeks back).

Does anyone have any ideas why she is losing weight?

Thanks
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP