[Dailydrool] Update on Lafayette...

Brigette Rodriguez pwlafayette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:50:55 PST 2009

Hey all...everyone's been so great sending me emails and calling about
Lafayette. Thank you so much, that's exactly why I sent out the distress
call to all my basset friends is because I knew you'd all be the greatest of
help in this. It means a lot and helps to understand what is going on.

The latest is (if I forgot to post it, forgive me as the last couple of
weeks have been a blur) is that her surgery was rescheduled from last Monday
until tomorrow as some of her pre-op lab values were not were they should
be. Today Lafayette goes in for a PCV test today (to check her packed cell
volume to measure her level of dehydration...) then tomorrow hopefully is
the big surgery day.
I also just got through feeding her bland turkey baby food. On a baby spoon
(which her pawsonal pilot dadslave uses to fish cocktail onions out of the
skinny mouthed jar). LOL. Nice to be able to find humor amongst all this!

Brigette and Lafayette's flight crew in CO