[Dailydrool] Tessie is too thin

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:27:41 PST 2009

"She is up to date on all her shots and has been wormed.
I am now worried about her as her weight is becoming just too low."

Sally - I would consider two things.  First, I've heard of male
bassets always being too thin until they were neutered.  This happened
with my own Barney; I NEVER could get him at a good weight until after
we neutered him at 18 months; always had ribs showing, etc.

Second, please have the vet do a thyroid panel blood test.  It needs
to be a complete thyroid panel; but what you are looking for is
HYPER-thyroid (not HYPO-thyroid).  HYPER-thyroid is an overactive
thyroid; it can lead to anxiety, weight loss hyperactivity,,and so on.
 This is fairly common among humans...

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!