[Dailydrool] So much sadness

Ventura, Miriam Miriam.Ventura at alleghenycourts.us
Thu Feb 19 10:16:20 PST 2009

I am saddened to hear of all the houndies who went to the bridge--Taz, Gus,
Dottie, Doofus and King Dudley.  I lost my Oliver on 11/14/08 and I still
miss him so even though I now  have my rescue  houndie-- the Great Jodini--
(Jody for short).  I find comfort in the fact that they were loved, cared for
and we were loved by them and cared for by them.  Can't get much better than
that.  There is a poem by Rudyard Kipling "The Power of The Dog" which I just
love and which  brought me some comfort after Oliver my corgie went to the
bridge.  I still look for him and I swear I still see him in his favorite
spot on the couch even though Jody likes the same spot!
 From the poem:

"There is sorrow enough in the natural way from men and wormen to fill our
day;
But when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sister, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear."

Such sweet love, such sweet sadness.....

Miriam Ventura and the "great" Jodini