[Dailydrool] Any suggestions

Bambi McLeskey bassetslave at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:26:38 PST 2009

First..I want to send out drool to all those in need. It seems to have
been a very hard hit time on the drool recently, and I pray the gates
will close and let us rest for a few.

I have a question...this is hound related as Bo is Drake's best
friend. Bo is my older lab (9 years old next week) and he has thyroid
problems. Takes his medicine just fine, everything has been fine, but
for two days now...he won't eat. We had to switch him to canned food
because the kibble was hurting his teeth. This has been about two
weeks. Now he won't eat anything. Since last night and today, I cant
get him to drink anything. Im so worried about him..does anyone have
any suggestions on what might be wrong with him or what I might be
able to do. I tried to pry his mouth open and pour in the poweraide
like we have to do with Ahroo-ba sometimes, and that was a disaster.
All i got was a mean growl, clamped teeth, and a bath in bright orange
poweraide. I know he's not a houndie, but he is my heartdog and I am
so scared. I cannot take off anymore time at work right now, as I have
my own doctors appointments, but I am taking him to the vet tomorrow
if he's not back up and running. He just hates the vet som much, and
always ends up making a scene and biting and/or snarling very mean
like and its so hard on both of us.
Any suggestions welcome, I am at work, and left him in my bedroom with
food and water so that I could monitor his intake as soon as I get
home. But that wont be until 11pm tonight. :(
A scared and worried momperson
Bambi
and da boys
Drake (whatza matteer wif me brudder bo-bo)
Ahroo-ba (since he aint eatin it, can I)
Stryker (I dont want to sleep in the house mommy, its scary)
Bo (grrrr!!!!)