[Dailydrool] Lafayette spleen removal surgery update...SHE'S HOME...

Brigette Rodriguez pwlafayette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:39:33 PST 2009

Lafayette is home! Trying to rest as comfortably as she possibly can
with at least 12 belly staples (that I could see before they
disappeared into a lower belly fold). Just gave her a Tramadol pain
med and hopefully she'll be dozing very soon. The only concern I have
is when she lays on her bed that one of her feet tucks underneath her
and up against the staples...so I'll need to keep an eye out on her
(short) toenails brushing up against them. She seems to be doing
really good and her tail has been wagging. I keep laying down next to
her :)

The picture of the spleen was nasty, but interesting...it measured
almost a foot long with about a 3" mass in the middle. The vet will be
emailing me the picture soon.

I'll be off the computer for most of the weekend caring for her and
the home for the weekend flight crew, trying to catch up on things
I've fallen behind on the last two weeks (and yes Beverly...breathing
:)

Now we just wait for the biopsy results, probably won't know anything
until at least Monday...Please keep sending no cancer drool & thanks
for everyone who has and for sending me messages and to her pwince Gus
for calling...

Brigette and the spleenless Pwincess Lafayette /..\