[Dailydrool] slave training part II

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:59:21 PST 2009

Hi,

It's me, Fizban, again. Ok, so I told the tail of how I trained grandpaw, now for how I addressed the hound comfort outside during all weather conditions, problem. This was a two dog night,,, er,, problem. First it was a problem during summer travel. You smell, when the weather is nice we go in the truck (in the cab not the back) with the momslave pretty much everywhere except when she goes to work. She’s real careful about not leaving us in the truck for very long and we really enjoy going for rides. In the summer, she won’t let us go with her, cuz she says it’s too hot for us to stay in the truck. Whelp, I agree that it’s too hot, but there must be some way around this. So every time she leaves us in the summer I give her the look and let her know that I want to go with her and make her feel all guilty and stuff.

Last August the momslave came home all excited because she saw a truck that had a soft shell on it and the sides rolled up so it looked like a safari truck with an awning over the bed. She started looking for this thing on the internet and couldn’t find it so I pawed at her and gave her the look. Then she called a bunch of 4x4 places and they never heard of this thing, but I pawed and gave her the look again. The mom slave searched and searched and after a couple of weeks found this shell thing, it’s called a can-back. So I told the mom to order that thing right away!

The thing about the can-back is, we can go with her in the summer and if she has to go in the store she can put us in the back of the truck. The sides roll up so it’s like we are outside, and don’t heat up, but the top stays on so we always have shade. Plus we have a doggy door in the back window of the truck so we can get in the front if we want to. The only problem with this was that the bed of the truck was kinda hard, not much to this hound’s liking. This was a bit of a sticking point for the momslave though, she said she couldn’t put anything soft back there cuz she still needed the truck to be a truck, like when she cuts us firewood and stuff. I couldn’t really argue with this cuz I really like it when she puts the firewood in the stove in the winter.

Anyhound I kept letting the momslave know that things were unsatisfactory by giving little whines when I was in the back of the truck and by trying to fluff the bed and stuff. Finally she found this thing called a bedrug that goes in the truck bed. It is a liner that has a foam bottom and the top looks and feels like carpet. It’s not really carpet it a plastic fiber so mom can still put wood and dirt and stuff back there but it’s real comfy for ME! Now when Tas and I go in the truck with the momslave she opens the doggy door in the window and if I want to I can just jump into the back. It’s like having a carpeted, covered porch in the back of my truck all the time. Hounds luv twucks!

So now I have the granpaw trained and my truck to my liking but I’m not satisfied with the conditions on my deck. I luv my deck, and mom has some beds out there so Tas and I can lay on the deck in the sun and watch the world go by. Sometimes though, I can’t be out there, like when it’s raining or sometimes in the summer it’s too hot. So I go outside and whine and then look at mom and look at the deck and whine again. The momslave keeps tailing me, “I know Fiz but we don’t have enough money.” Hmph maybe she needs to work a little harder then! Well today mom got some money from someone called Uncle Sam. I thought I had already smelled all her uncles, but I guess not, she’s got lots of uncles so maybe I just don’t remember this Uncle Sam guy. Anyhound mom says now we can get the awning. You smell, I’ve been wanting this awning thing to go over the deck, it’s a retractable awning so mom can make it go out and cover the deck when it’s raining or make it shady when it’s hot. Then when it’s perfect out like in the mornings and evenings and all day in the spring she can make it go back in so I can lie in the sun. The only problem is mom says it will take two weeks to get here. I don’t know if I can wait that long. Maybe I’ll try to give the guy that drives the brown truck the look and make it get here faster.

Anyhound, that’s my slave training repawt for the last 18 months. I tell ya, slave training is hard work, but it's worth it!

Drool to all in need,

Mary, Pw. Tasselhoff and Fizban