[Dailydrool] Dog Show Day with Magic Shoes

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:48:35 PST 2009

MomPerson went to the big dog show in Chicago today and she wore her new,
magic shoes with the photos of allll her dogs on them. I stopped first to
talk to my breeder, (Basset) who was judging, and showed her my shoes, and 3
Judges were crowded around, all of them admiring my shoes!  It was
wonderful. Almost as much fun as winning!!!
It was strange to be there without a dog.
My photos did not turn out as well as I had hoped, and I didn't take many
Bassets. It's strange-- I know these people and their dogs and so they are
the ones I don't  photograph but a very nice Basset went breed--owned by
Barbara Kahl, call name Budda. I have been out of the loop too long to know
the dogs well.
I wanted to watch the Bloodhounds but there was only one there and I missed
him. I am sure he was there someplace because it was a benched show, which
means the dogs may not leave until they are dismissed. Usually at a show you
go, you show, you lose, you pack up and go home, but at a benched show,like
the IKC or Philadelphia (I think) or the Westminster, the dogs are required
to stay all day. Most show people hate this. I love it. I love this show and
I wish I had had a dog entered, because I felt naked without my dogs.
I do not know who went BIS because we had to leave before that.
But my magic shoes were wonderfully comfortable and --even my Vet adored
them-- I saw her there (the female half of the clinic). It was nice to see
old friends and so many nice dogs. Boy, did I get the once-over when I got
home!!!