[Dailydrool] question about raw meat

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:48:37 PST 2009

I understand many droolers feed a raw diet so maybe you can answer this for
me....or anyone else, feel free to chime in....

Can dogs be given raw hamburger meat?

Can they be given raw chicken? (Not necks and such, but trimmings from
chicken breasts when we are grilling for ourselves, etc)

I assume they can process this stuff fine since many have spoken of feeding
raw diets, but it just seems so weird to hand out raw hamburger or chicken.
The salmonella factor always worries me with chicken although I have no idea
if that effects dogs too....and the raw hamburger just kind of grosses me
out, so not sure. We would never feed this as a meal but might give it as a
special treat when we are cooking it, etc.

Thanks,
Kacy with Cow and Ru (who are hoping you all say these things are ok)