[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is depressed

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 23 10:53:12 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

All the bassets headed for the bridge have profoundly depressed Miss Angela.
She sends her heartfelt condolences to the humans and hounds who loved Taco Bell, Pw. Lafayette and all the other dearly beloved who have passed over that bridge.

Miss Angela has channeled her depression into a ferocious training regime for our neighbor Michelle.  Michelle lives alone across the foyer of our duplex.  She is without an animal to cater to and so seemed a prime candidate for slavehood.  First, Angela waited for Michelle to go out to smoke on the front porch. (I don't rent to people who smoke inside).  She will howl, whine or even bark to be allowed to go out, too.  Then she cuddles up to Michelle and gives her the look.   After a couple of days of this, she began to follow Michelle into her side of the duplex, almost daring her to put her out or back in my side.  Then she began to get up on her couch and cuddle as Michelle watched TV.
Soon she was lounging on a comforter and napping even when Michelle left the couch to go to her computer.   Now Michelle leaves her door open so that Miss Angela can go back and forth at will.  Angela even stays there when I am going to be gone for a long while.

Now this training was not as easy as it sounds.  Angela had to put up with broccoli in her lesson on sharing food.  She also has to put up with second hand smoke when she accompanies Michelle outside.  Still, she has endured these hardships to completely domesticate our neighbor.  The dirty old man in me wonders if she would ...........Nah.

Miss Angela is rapidly closing on her sixth birthday and showing a bit of gray on her muzzle.  She seems to have to work a bit harder sometimes at jumping onto the couch or into the car.   Information is forthcoming on a celebration.

Bill (Harder to train)
Angela (Call him a slow learner)