[Dailydrool] Shelby's new life

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 20:23:05 PST 2009

Shelby is adjusting to being the sole basset in the house.  She was always the quiet one and the one not prone to cause trouble.  Because of that the gates to the living room and hallway that leads to the bedrooms is open during the day if we are home.  Today is the first time she has spent 100% of her time near us since Dottie was put down last Wed.  She now has a blanket in the living room that is hers to sleep on.  It is so nice having her out and about instead of just holing away in the laundry room where her bed is located.  She does sleep there at night and she'll go there when we are gone.  It was funny for a few days as she would just look at us as if to say "Are you kidding me?  I can go down there now?"

Janet, Shelby & the RB hounds Dottie & Gus