[Dailydrool] Raw meat feedings

Elizabeth A. Kolenich lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 20:40:15 PST 2009

My mom is an avid raw feeder, I cannot stomach it. She swears by it and as
the saying goes. the proof is in the pudding. She has a great dane who is
now 13 years old.  Danes average life span is about 8-10 and this is her
second one to reach 13.

She feeds natures variety dog food and mixes in a beef mixture and tops it
off with chicken necks, deer or whatever she has in the freezer for them.
They add in "vitamins" tailored to each dogs age and needs.  She has 3
Danes, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Collie and (thanks to me) a basset hound.  She
is a certified dog trainer and groomer as has a mountain of knowledge on raw
feeding and you are welcome to email her questions. (k9trainer at bioless.com)

I believe there's a raw feed board similar to the drool.

My dad is a paramedic/firefighter and in one of his recent training classes
they had to dissect pig hearts, lungs and kidneys.  Fortunate for the
Burkepile Brigade of dogs. PaPa got to bring them home with him for dinner.

While I was home in Ohio she sent me out to Amish county to pick up her
"cow" and "deer".. I almost lost my cookies several time on the 2 hour drive
back to her house.  She gets bones and everything for them!  Stormy (the
basset) rode in the back of the car with his head on one of the boxes
licking his chops then ENTIRE way home.  They LOVE their raw food diet.

I buy the 5 lb buckets of hamburger meat and when I come home to split it
into 1 lb freezer bags, I usually slip the cats and dogs a little handful
each.  They love it, but that's all about I can stomach giving them.  To
each their own is what I say!!

Lizz Kolenich
 <mailto:lizzkolenich at yahoo.com> lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
205-739-9418

Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama
Trustee, Adoption/Intake Coordinator & a PROUD Foster Mom/Failure
 <http://www.bhra.org/> www.bhra.org