[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm -- The Bathathon

Cathi Cox coxcathi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 04:43:12 PST 2009

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. We worried.
da Gang

--- On Mon, 2/23/09, Sandi Wittenberg <sandi at redbaybassets.com> wrote:

From: Sandi Wittenberg <sandi at redbaybassets.com>
Subject: The World According to Norm -- The Bathathon
To: "'Daily Drool'" <dailydrool at dailydrool.org>
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 8:56 PM

It’s me again – Norm!
So, here we are in the great State of Michigan where is has been a nickzillion degrees COLD and Mom decides that we smell bad.  I was offended!  She said we had passed the *Frito* stage and were well into the stale *Dorito* stage.  Anyway, just the other day it got above freezing for a while, and she decided that she was going to give us all a bath.  First, she gets out the ear cleaner, then the toofer cleaners, then the nail grinder – ohhh, I knew we were in for a rough ride.  She grabs Hoagie and hefts him up onto the grooming table – ears go good, toofer cleaning a little less good, nail grinding – you’d think she was torturing him!  He groans the whole time!  Then it is Grady’s turn – nail grinding goes good, in fact he fell asleep; toofer cleaning good, ears? – oh boy – the flapping!  Then my turn – I was perfect – well almost perfect – I don’t like the toofer cleaning too much.  Then Johnny – ears go good, toofers
 okay, nails??  MY GOODNESS – he acted like a Houdini – twisting and turning – Mom nailed him to the grooming table and the deed was done.  Finally Opie – he hates his ears cleaned so there was lots of drama there, loves his toofers brushed – so no problem there, and he was good for his nails too!  That boy is learning – Mom always wins.
After all that, Mom was sweating and tired, so I thought we were done.  But NO – she loads us all in the van and takes us over to Granny Pat’s.  The big boys were all ‘cited – they kept saying *we’re goin’ to see the girls – we’re going on a date – we’re goin’ to see the girls*.  We got there – we all went down to the basement to the bathtub area – the big boys were saying *where’s the girls?*  They wouldn’t listen to me – I tried to tell them that it was bath time, not girl-date time!  They found out – I was right!  So the bath-a-thon started – talk about rub-a-dub!  Mom scrubbed and rinsed and scrubbed and rinsed – again and again and again!  WOW – for an old Mom, she sure can give a lot of baths and lift a lot of houndies tonnage!  By the time she was finished, I think she had lifted 4328098 nickzillion basset pounds.   She kept saying that each of us was getting heavier than the one before –
 didn’t make much sense to me ‘coz we weren’t getting anything to eat – but that is what she said.
Finally we were done – Mom went out and got the van all heated up and cozy warm – then she loaded us up and we came home.  Dad had washed all of our *linens* and had the little heater revved up for us – it was time for a long nap before dinner.  I must admit – it felt good not to be a Dorito anymore.
Drools to ya!
Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)
Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie
Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys