[Dailydrool] Bessie Update

Snoozinhounds snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 04:31:12 PST 2009

Good Morning, I am posting to keep you updated on sweet BESSIE that Droopy Basset Rescue took off death row.  She is now strong enough that she had her surgery Monday and came thru with flying colors.  The lump on her hip was just a fatty tumor and the one under her tail (that we were so worried about) turned out to be nothing more than a cyst so all is well on that area also.  Both were removed with no problems.  The teeth were also cleaned so now her breath is good. And here again the teeth cleaning was a big sucess.  She is down to a normal 2 meals a day much to her distaste, she seemed to think the 4-5 meals a day would continue forever in typical basset fashion.   She was seen yesterday running around a tree with the young fosters in the home.
WE also have an applicant for adoption for Bessie so soon she may be going to her forever home.  What a wonderful ending to her sad beginning.   Thanks to all of you who have followed her saga these last couple of months.  New photos of a "chubbier" Bessie than the one who came to us should be posted to the website today so be sure to take a look at her pages. www.droopybassetrescue.com
Thanks again for caring
Shirley Mueller

Shirley Mueller
Droopy Basset Hound Rescue of Western PA
www.droopybassetrescue.com