[Dailydrool] Funny Basset Things

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 14:09:47 PST 2009

Ok - I will bite on this because it has been so sad lately and it is good to laugh and think of the things that our goofy dogs do that make us smile (or cuss). heh heh heh.

I don't know about you guys, but my hounds can make different faces, just by moving their ears different ways.  Does anyone else experience this?  I love Schroeder's perky, inquisitive face.  Ears up, eyes perky, trying to figure out what's going on and is there food involved.....hmmmm.  Sophie has what I call the Jaws look.  Neck tilted back, ears flapping in the wind and teeth going CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP.  LOL.  When I get sad I think of all the silly faces my dogs make.  My boxers make lots of silly faces too.

I also love it when Schroeder and Sophie do the basset 500 in the house.  It is hilarious.  She is too smart and cuts him off at the pass.  It is nice having another puppy to play with Schroeder.  I think Maya & Cassie are too old and mature for the antics of puppy sometimes and he gets frustrated with them.

Ok.  I am rambling.  Sorry.

Love and Drool to all.

Annette