[Dailydrool] Oskar Bassett of Norway

Kjersti W. Sorensen kjerstiws at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:12:37 PST 2009

Our beautiful and kind Bassett Hound, Oskar, has crossed the bridge and has left his family of humans heartbroken and lost. Though you may not know who he was, he was introduced on Daily Drool years ago but since then his mum has only been a passive reader (having had more than enough to do telling Oskar's now six year old brother the difference between Bassett rules and human rules).

Oskar was 9 years old and finally had to give up because of a prolaps. What his people find so hard to accept is that a Hound so happy and young at heart, suddenly was completely unable to enjoy life because his back couldn't hold him up any more. He had so many joys to live for - like chats with the birds in the garden, his everlasting search for more food ('now, how can I open that fridge only by looking at the door?'), his friends at the doggy day-care center where he spent every Friday (howling of pure joy from the moment we left in the morning), and how he only through his appearence melted the hearts of the couple next door so that he could have an extra family to be a part of.

And now it's so empty and we're realizing how much we enjoyed the warmth around our feet when he wanted to be close to us, and the heavy, drooling fur on our lap when he wanted to make sure we couldn't go anywhere.

Mum (Kjersti), Dad and Theodor

PS: As Oskar always was a dog nobody could forget after having met him, please read the very kind words written by Lord Bassington-Bassington's secretary.

http://lordbassingtonbassington.blogspot.com/2009/02/oskar-srensen-rip.html