[Dailydrool] Pet cots

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed Feb 25 15:11:12 PST 2009

Like Melissa, I too bought cots made for child care.  I thought they
were great.  Until i tried to clean them.  the ones I had ( they
came in a pack of 6 and were not cheap, but cheaper that dog cots) had a
heavy cotton not-quite-canvas sling with an aluminum frame.  the
frames were a bear to put together but stayed together without problem,
unlike the Guardain gear ones from PetEdge.  The fabric absorbed all
the various doggy substances and odors from pee to poop to blood (the
occasional tussle) to the mess created when Purple decided to whelp in the
kennel without telling anyone ahead of time she was pregnant.  There
was no way I was going to disassemble the frames to get the fabric off so
I could toss it in the washer - remember I said they were a bear to put
together in the first place.  So I took them outside, hosed them
down, sprayed them with cleaner, and scrubbed them with a barn brush and
hosed them again.  Then they had to sit in the sun for an hour or
three to dry.  And they still werent clean.

Finally, the
fabric didn't hold up real well.  I suspect that the 4 year olds in
Day Care don't scratch at their beds with sometimes too long toenails.

For now, I'm sticking with the bed with the PVC frames and the
heavy nylon webby material.  They are pricey, but the seem to hold up
best, don't absorb odors or gunk, and clean very easily.

crazy
basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit