[Dailydrool] Funny fings story - Dora has a confession

Sandy sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:29:02 PST 2009

Hello, my name is Dora and I am a pumpernickel-aloic and I don't want to
recover!!

This is the Momeslave with the rest of the story.  We had bought a loaf of
Pumpernickel bread for a dip DH loves.  We don't worry when we bring
groceries in because the hounds have never done more than sniff to see what
s there.  One of the sacks looked disturbed and on checking I found the
bread missing.  I found Dora in the living room with the bread sack ripped
and almost half the loaf gone.  Usually I can take anything from the hounds
without a problem but Dora was NOT going to give up the bread without a
fight.  She didn't growl, just tried to get away; we played tug-a-war until
I finally grabbed her ear (not fair Mom) and she let go. Now she goes wild
when you try to eat the pumpernickel bread.  She climbs on the other hounds,
she tries to grab it out of their mouth and she produces maximum drool!  It
s her most favorite thing; the others could take it or leave it but they eat
it on principle--they are Bassets.  So to save money I dug out the bread
maker and made Pumpernickel bread today for Dora.  In German where the name
Pumpernickel originated it translates to " devil's fart"; thus perfect
Basset food.

Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)
Bug and Max who are happy not being Bassets
See our family at:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/513320