[Dailydrool] how do you dry up a cyst??????

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 20:10:06 PST 2009

I have a question, hoping someone will have a suggestion?
Honey is 9 yrs. old, she got a cyst, on her left front foot, about the size
of a quarter.  I think it has been kind of an on going allergy thingee,
clears up, then she chews it, and it's back.  Doctor said he doesn't think  it's
cancer, it is a cyst.  She has had a few cortisone shots right in it,  and it
goes away and dries up for awhile, then she licks it, and there it is  again.
She was on Baytril for 10 days, and it helped some, because it was  infected.
I would push on it, and it puss would come out, and then finally  blood.  It
doesn't seem to hurt, or bother her really.  So we took her  in again, vet
looked at it, gave her another shot, and we talked about surgery  to remove it on
Friday morning.  However, we have been soaking it 2 times a  day in Epsom
salt water, and it seems to be helping, maybe between that and the  shot.
There was no drainage today.  So now, has anyone else had this?   If we keep
soaking it, can we avoid surgery??? The cone thing doesn't work at  all, she
will NOT even walk.  A friend suggested putting a baby sock on it,  and
wrapping it so it wouldn't come off, at least she couldn't lick or chew it
help anyone???????????????????????????????????   She leaves it  alone pretty
good except for after we soak it, then she dries it off with  licking.
I just don't want it to turn into a cancer.............suggestions or
thoughts or anything would help....thanks so much...........Barbie and ouchie  foot
Honey
**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)