[Dailydrool] Lastest opinion on raw meat

Dave Wethington datastar at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 02:39:28 PST 2009

I know this has been discussed at length in the past and I apologize
for using up email electrons in asking again, but a medical
professional friend of mine suggested very strongly that I put both of
our Bassets in a raw meat diet.  his reasoning is/was 1. that's what
wolves eat and 2. raw meat has certain enzymes not found in either dog
food or cooked meat.

My concerns are for the risks of salmonella poisoning and other
bacteria poisoning.  I recently was a victim myself of the peanut
butter poisoning and it was not fun.  One degree sicker and it would
have been a 911 call and overnight in the local emergency room.  I do
NOT want one or both of by Basset boys going through this.

Now this medical professional friend does not own any pets of his own
- hmm...

So if you please, I'd like to see the latest opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Wethington
Honolulu