[Dailydrool] Wrapped up in leashes

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Feb 26 08:22:32 PST 2009

<<Should it happen that Vern's lease (or Paddi's, for that matter) gets somehow twisted around and ends up under Vern's tail, he will go no further. He simply stands until the leash is removed, then proceeds as normal.>>

Our hounds do this all the time, especially as they're traveling up and down Abner's deluxe, handmade, special ramp. Usually Bel is the wrappee. He stops dead in his tracks, usually in the middle of the ramp, with Abner in back of him and Jane before. No one moves until I unwrap the leash (usually Jane's) from his person.

I'm glad to hear other hounds do this. I thought it was Bel's personal quirk. Somehow the other hounds rarely get wrapped up.
Pam, with Drew, food slave of the Dashing Bassets