[Dailydrool] Chiropractors

Violet Osborne imvi at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 21:20:46 PST 2009

Hi Momperson.........
I have taken my cocker (Patches) and shih tzu (Gidget) to my vet for a
chiropractic treatment.  Gidget was in pain and she was walking with
her back hunched and the vet could feel her vertebra was out of
whack.  The treatment isn't like when I go to the Chiropractors, the
treatment she gave to Gidget, was a handheld gadget that is spring
loaded and is put on the vertebra..........think of it this way.....on
a pinball machine, you have the thing that is pulled back and is let
go and comes so far and hits the ball to move it forward.  Well this
thing works kinda like the same way.  It touches the vertebra and puts
it back into place.  I have had Patches done once and Gidget done
three times.  Yes, I would go back again and again.  However, my
Patches now has Tendon and Ligament strain in his back legs and
chiropractic treatment won't help.  We are doing something different
with this.   I know that this thing that the chiropractor uses, is
also used by human chiropractors.  In fact, when my husband had
something out of whack in his back, the chiropractor used this same
thing, b/c Doug had a stroke and they didn't want to manipulate him.
I hope this helps, and it's a little clearer than mud ;-)

~~Vi~~mom to Roscoe, Chloe, Patches, Gidget & Buster