[Dailydrool] funny and true

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:44:27 PST 2009

Izzy has been as usual a very busy busy girl.

The other day I heard her go down the hall towards my bedroom, her favorite
haunt. I hear a klunk sound and I didn't get up and run because I thought I
had put everything valuable up (she is now 8 months old and into eating
remote controls and phones).  The next thing I can hear is a phone ringing
like if I was making a call.  I can't believe I could hear it from my desk
but realize oh no she is actually making a phone call - please don't let it
be 911.  I run down the hall to the bedroom and I hear a woman's voice on
the phone saying hello hello hello.  As I walk in the bedroom, there is Izzy
looking all innocent and puzzled on the bed with the phone right in front of
her.

I picked up the phone just as the woman hung up so I disconnected the call
and pushed the redial button and it said "Avery Road Animal Hospital"!!!
She had called our vet!!!  So then I dialed the number to see who had
answered and it was the receptionist I know.  So I told her it was me and I
said I wanted to tell you that Izzy just called you on the phone all by
herself.  She just about lost it.  She said oh she must miss us and I said
she probably wanted to report me for eye drop cruelty (she has had an eye
infection - all cleared up now but she really hated those eye drops).

I still don't know exactly how she managed to dial that number but the phone
does have a directory and that number is stored in it.  I am wondering if
she has her own black book.

If you get any strange or howling phone calls it might be Izzy.

Take care, drool to all in need.

XOXOXOXXOXOXO
Izzy (what a fun toy I found that makes so many interesting noises and even
talks to me}
& Teddy (I would never...)
& the befuddled mom Beth