[Dailydrool] Help finding a rescue

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Fri Feb 27 13:50:45 PST 2009

I have offered to help a friend find a rescue for her parent's dog. To make
this basset related - my firmed is Maggie's Auntie Shoshana. I need the name
of a Blue Heeler Rescue in Washington state - Western Washington would be
best, We live very close to the Canadian border. Marcus belongs to
Shoshana's parents but they are moving and leaving him here. He bites
Maggie's Auntie Lauren so he cannot stay with them. The Animal Shelter here
cannot/will not take him. They are working with local trainer here also to
find him a home. He is a sweet dog and he and Maggie have sniffed several
times. He has no sense of pack order. Shoshana originally owned him and they
worked with a trainer to overcome this problem and then the parents took him
and undid all their work. Please email me off list if you know of any
rescues. I have emails sent out to a few places I found on line. If they
can't find a home he will need to be put down - something none of us wants
to see happen.

Maggie was little a little energizer basset yesterday. Yesterday we went on
the walk that almost did her in a few weeks ago. She trotted all the way up
to the coffee place and trotted all the way home and then she was bouncing
off the walls wanting a treat. I'd say she is more than mended and just
needs to put back on the weight she lost. The poor gal was probably ailing
for a long time and I never realized it. So please direct any and all drool
to the other Houndies in need and the families who need it it. She is
whining right now to go for her overdue morning walk but I am planning a
long walk and trying to put her off for an hour.

Drool to all those in need
Leah momslave to Maggie the Evil Empress of the san Juan Islands OEBE whose
whining is increasing in intensity every moment I delay and Rusty ATB