[Dailydrool] Helena Poist

mapwinkel at aol.com mapwinkel at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 14:50:04 PST 2009

I read what you wrote, and it is so sad.? I lost my Mom a year and a half ago, I helped her with her basset Emma from the day she got her.? I went over every day with my dog Bailey and walked tem both.? When she went in the hospital, Emma stayed with me.? then she went for rehab and I was able to bring Emma to visit.? I lost her in two weeks time, way too quick, but I kept Emma.? there wasn't even a second thought.? Not only do I love that little basset, but she was my Mom's love too.? And having Emma is like having a piece of my Mom with me, all wrapped up in this wiggly, happy little package.? I wish more children could honor their parents.? For all they did for us, we owe them back.? It was a privilege to help my parents in life, and at the end.? And to have Emma is a great gift.? Thanks for bringing that to light.? Beth Winkel, Emma The Delicate Diva and Brother Bailey