[Dailydrool] One Less Helper at The Slobber Shoppe....

ABC's Slobber Shoppe merchandise at nybasset.org
Fri Feb 27 19:39:44 PST 2009

It is with extreme sadness and heartache that I tell you that the
first Gordon basset, Doc, has made his way to the Rainbow Bridge
tonight at the age of 12 1/2. Doc was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor
on Wednesday and went down hill rapidly.

We adopted Doc the day after our honeymoon from Basset Rescue of WNY.
I joined ABC a few years later. Doc is the reason for The Slobber
Shoppe. I promised him tonight before he left us that The Slobber
Shoppe will go on and it will be our mission to help more homeless
bassets than ever. It will be a little harder to fill orders though
since he won't be at my feet waiting for treats...rewards for being a
good helper and keeping me company for hours on end when I'm there.

Please give your bassets a hug tonight and a kiss on the lips...that
was Doc's favorite place for a kiss.

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org