[Dailydrool] Big Grey Squirrel?

Randy S Miller meistersinger1 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 00:57:46 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 1:46 PM, dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org wrote:

> Abby Gale here to report and yes I use spell check unlike them other
> gals here.? I will tell you the story of the monster in the
> backyard.? Yes this monster torments all of the Gang.? Why he (we
> think it is a he) is a big grey squirrel.? Now you might not think
> that this would qualify as a monster but he is bigger than our 10 lb
> Gregor kitty.? Why the first time the Momma caught of glimpse of him
> she thought it was the kitty.? I am here to tell you that if we ever
> got our chompers on this one it would be a mouthful.? Forget a
> snacky he is a couple of meals.
>
> So anywho this big squirrel monster gets in our big maple trees and
> plots against us.? When we come out the door to sniffy or do our
> private business it starts.? Yes he attacks by throwing things down
> on us.? Why you would think that the sky was falling.? I think that
> he gathers his weapons while we sleep.? He pummels us with sticks
> and nuts and even little rocks.? Yes he does.? Of course we bark
> bark bark our displeasure and then bark some more and he
> laughs...okay he chitter as Momma says.? So then we try to get up
> that tree but even the Empress Long Legs Ruby Doo can't reach him.?
> Then he really starts teasing us.? He runs down the tree jumps on
> the roof and laughs at us some more then he runs up the other
> tree...and it starts all over again.
>
> One of these days the Gray Monster gonna grow some of them Chrissmus
> Ballz that Brudder Elwood speaks of and have a face to face with
> us.? Then the fun is really going to happen and mabe we will have
> that Monster Meal we have been dreaming of the past couple of years.
>
> We are sending Drool to all in need.? I am drooling just thinking
> of? the monster.
> Abby Gale of The Dog House Gang
>

> ?

That big grey squirrel doesn't happen to have big chompers, does it?
Does it also live in a hole in the ground and move a little slow? Your
larger cousins, Ellie Mae (ATB) and Rosie Mae, (the Mayblossom girls
(er, bloodhounds)) managed to tree a groundhog a few years ago at 2 AM
in the morning.  A fun time was NOT had by all, since the neighbors
called the cops.  Fortunately, the constabulary that was assigned to
the case was a former neighbor and has beagles.  Despatching the
groundhog resolved the caterwauling.

Randy