[Dailydrool] Balls and prey

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 10:16:13 PST 2009

Over 20 years ago, Freckles (ATB) would occasionally find a vole in the
backyard.  The tiny critter would roll up into a ball and we would look
outside to see the dog picking up this "ball" and tossing it in the air,
pouncing, tossing, pouncing, etc.  Then we'd have to scurry out and
rescue the mite and (if it hadn't died of fright) release it into the
park a block away.  They have such velvety grey fur!

All our other Bassets and semi-Bassets have done the "I'll fetch the
ball once or twice, but after that -- you threw it, you go get it!"

Gabby will fetch her soft squeaky.  But our new member, Misty, will
chase after anything.

Kathie G