[Dailydrool] Thanks for info, update on Daisy with kidney problems, balls, and anything else I think of

Anita W. a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 20:08:32 PST 2009

Wanted to thank all of you who replied when I asked for info on kidney
problems for my parents' dog, Daisy.  My parents are in their 80's and do
not have a computer, so I'd call Mom every evening and read her the info.
Mom was a nurse, so she's very savvy, also has always been into natural and
herbal stuff.  She put Daisy on aloe vera juice, and she seems to be doing a
lot better, is eating much better and seems to be feeling a lot better.
We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Balls - I had Dachshunds for 20 years before I got my Bassets - most
Dachshunds will fetch one time.  You throw the ball, they go get it and
bring it back, you take it and throw it again, and they give you THE LOOK,
and walk away.  You know the look I mean, the "if you're going to throw it,
you can go get it" look, same as you'd give to a bratty kid.  Anyway, the
Dachshunds trained me so well that it never even crossed my mind to try to
get my Bassets to fetch.  My two girls, fetching?  No way.

Chiropractic for dogs - sounds like a good idea to me, I love my
Chiropractor.  I'd look for a holistic Vet with experience adjusting pets,
bound to be one in your area.  And you might try acupuncture and therapeutic
massage, too.  Who cares which as long as it helps Mitchell.

Our thoughts are with all of you who've lost you're dogs recently - we lost
three little buddies in 2008, Mr. Gus the Dachshund to congestive heart
failure in February, little Pokey the kitty to a coyote in June, and Mocha
the Queen of the kitties to cancer in December.  Doesn't matter how many,
you love each one, and losing them is so very hard.  Spring will be here
soon, maybe warmer weather will slow down the number leaving for the Bridge.
Hope so.  Lots of drool and snooters to all who need it.

Anita Woodrum, Almost-Elder Gracie, Holly the Dolly, and all the Wicked
Kitties at our house

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net