[Dailydrool] addisons

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 3 07:57:08 PST 2009

I replied privately too but had Dazey who had addisons and it was awful. Thanks for the link and  Dazey was on florinef, salt, occasionally prednisone if I moved or stress and she developed low thyroid as well.

Yes meds were expensive but I had a good vet who diagnised her when she walked in because another one was treating her for a sore back and she was  almost dead by time we got her there. It's an expensive disease but dazey stayed with us for 10 years plus one day.  I am sure the readers here will have some suggestions re the meds because if you're going to find anything out about bassets it will be here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loved that dog.
Georgie and Miss Becky