[Dailydrool] Thanks!

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 12:53:35 PST 2009

Kahuna thanks everyone for the nice notes! And I was remiss and failed to thank Kay Haggard of Windsock Bassets for trusting me with such a fantastic puppy. It's not often a new person gets such a wonderful dog, but she graciously gave me Kahuna and has answered countless questions and cheered us on from across the country. I know she misses seeing Kahuna, but I try to send photos often. It was an amazing way for a newbie to enter the world of conformation.

Kahuna settled in yesterday and slept off his big day:

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u167/srossdo/Kahuna%20up%20close/?action=view&current=IMG_1446.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u167/srossdo/Kahuna%20up%20close/?action=view&current=IMG_1450.jpg

And, on another subject, here is Ace, graciously modeling one of the offending mousetraps:

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u167/srossdo/Mousetrap/?action=view&current=IMG_1430.jpg

I'm sick of snow already, but glad life is settling in to normal after the power outage, holidays, and travel. A busy week at work, but then next weekend, no dog shows or other obligations and I'll get to catch my breath finally.

Drool to all - I sent out some private messages, but my laptop ate some of them and I don't really know who got what.  We are thinking about everyone and send drool, even if you haven't heard directly from me.

Synthia
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Pearl, Kahuna (I'm still a champion!)
and big kids Ace, Baja, Maya